Beer Corner USA News • 3-13-2013
Posted by: Chris | Comments Off on Beer Corner USA News • 3-13-2013
News from our bars on Beer Corner USA….
Frank’s Kraut is launching a National Campaign at the Crescent Moon Ale House, officially declaring Omaha the Inventors of the Reuben Sandwich! Mayor Jim Suttle will be at the Moon Thursday, March 14 (it really is tomorrow this time) from 2:00–5:00 pm and issue an official Mayoral Proclamation declaring March 14th “Reuben Sandwich Day” in Omaha at 4:30pm. Frank’s Kraut will be here to take pictures of the official proclamation to feature on every can of Frank’s Kraut. Join us for the official “Reuben Toast” and be in that picture!
- Because of the large volume expected between 2:00 and 5:00pm we will ONLY serve our famous Blackstone Reuben with choice of side.
All three bars will be OPEN for St. Patrick’s Day on Sunday, March 17th from 11am-midnight.
- Don’t miss Omaha’s best Corn Beef and Cabbage Dinner $7.95 and $7.00 Corn Beef on Rye Sandwich with Fries or our famous Blackstone Reuben.
- Specials include: $3.75 Jameson and Gingers, Boulevard Irish Pints $3, Guiness Pub Cans $4, Murphy’s Irish Stout Cans $3.50, Irish Car Bombs $4!
- A new selection of top shelf Irish Whiskeys.
- Irish or Irish-style beers but absolutely No Green Beer here!
Join us to celebrate Spring at our 8th Annual Bockfest on Saturday, March 23rd. The official Bockfest 2013 t-shirt will go on sale in Beertopia on Monday, March 18th. $12 each or 2 for $20.
- Bockfest will take place outside and inside rain or shine.
- We will have an official blessing of the Bock Bier. Thanks to August Schell Brewing Co. for brewing us a special ceremonial Bock Beer keg.
- Live polka music under the tent from Barry Boyce Band.
- An excellent selection of German food from the grill including our Hausmade Bockwurst.
- A fire pit for beer poking and to keep you warm. If this is new to you, we take a hot poker out of the fire and swirl it in your beer and it caramelizes the malt giving your beer new delicious character. Experience it!
- Costumes encouraged; goat legs, goat heads, Dirndls for the ladies or Lederhosen for the guys.
- Bock Beers include; Schell’s Bock, Hacker Pschorr of Munich, Germany, Sprecher’s Maibock, Boulevard’s Boss Tom’s Golden Bock and New Belgium’s Hoppy Bock.
- We will be selling limited edition 2013 Bockfest Mugs and T-shirts.
- An appearance from the Jager Girls and the Barenjager Bear.
- The party moves inside at 7pm and keeps on going all night so don’t miss this once a year event.
Volunteers are still needed for Bockfest. We will need just 2 more people for:
- Clean-up from 5-7pm (25 tickets)
- Tear down/clean-up outside after the festival from 7-8pm. (25 tickets)
Shifts are only two hours in length and for your time you will get tickets that you can use for beer and food (during this event only) and an official 2013 Bockfest mug. You can pick up your mug and tickets anytime on Saturday, but please if you sign up, show up. Please reply to this email email@example.com with your name, and a contact phone number.
New Beers on tap in The Crescent Moon Ale House….
- Lucky Bucket Spring Break Saison is a Seasonal Belgian-style Saison. 5.3%
- New ON CASK Empyrean Coffee infused Collapsar Oatmeal Stout has rich coffee and chocolate flavors smoothed out by the addition of oatmeal. 6%
- Upstream Flanagan’s Irish Red has a sweet, caramel malt aroma with hints of toffee and minimal hop presence. The flavor profile is well balanced and in sync with the aroma with a subtle roasted finish that dries the palate. Overall this medium bodied, moderately carbonated ale is easy drinking. 5.3%
- Zipline Oatmeal Porter incorporating the smooth creaminess of organic rolled oats, dark malts give it chocolate and coffee undertones and a little creative hopping with Magnum and Sterling makes a well-balanced porter.
- Odell’s Amuste is an Imperial Porter aged in oak wine barrels accented with juice from Tempranillo grapes grown on the Western Slope of Colorado, this harmonic combination is truly, a must. 9.3%
- Great Divide Espresso Oak Aged Yeti Imperial Stout has a generous infusion of Denver’s own Pablo’s espresso adds yet another layer of complexity, combining with the vanilla oak character, intense roasty maltiness and bold hop profile to create a whole new breed of mythical creature. 9.5%
- O’Hara’s Irish Stout pours deep black with a thick creamy head. A true Irish Stout from Carlow’s Brewing Co. in Ireland. Award winning, full bodied with a robust flavor and luxuriously smooth dry espresso like finish. A generous addition of Fuggles hops lead to a tart bitterness which mingles with the espresso like flavors. 4.3%
- O’Hara’s Irish Pale Ale has light malt base with just the right mouth feel to allow the hop character to predominate. Grapefruit like bitterness is full and lasting balanced by a zesty citrus burst of aroma from the late addition of Cascade hops, dry hopped for extra aroma.
News From Beertopia….
Hows about some new brews for ya??!!
Several new things have arrived this week…sounds like a broken record. But a darn good record!!
- Abita Strawberry Harvest has made it return. This is a perennial favorite among Spring beer drinkers. Lightly fruity coincides with a very faint grain and hop profile. Very drinkable or as we say in the beer geek world, highly sessionable.
- A new brew from Squatters showed up as well. Radio from Hell is the name of this Red Ale. This very well made amber boast a creative malt profile soon followed by a clean hop bitterness. I really liked this beer a lot!
- Blue Moon and there creative ways have come out with a new Spring offering. Valencia Amber ale boast a huge orange flavor backed by a wheat base. Typical Blue Moon spices are here but balance well.
- Schell’s Maifest is back too. This golden Bock beer is really a crazy good hopped, malty creation. Golden is color the aromas are up toasty grains and the palate is of hoppy goodness.
- Leiny’s has released the Summer Shandy. This “Country Time” lemonade beer is the perfect complement to the soon to be hot summer days. This beer has become so popular, it is being made this much sooner to keep up with demand!
Don’t forget to sign-up for Beer School hosted by Chris Bettini and Aaron Bush. Call Beertopia for details. The classes are filling quickly. So don’t hesitate!
Follow us on Twitter @BeerCornerUSA
Follow us on Instagram @BeerCornerUSA
Comments are closed.