Beer Corner USA News • 3/20/2013
Posted by: Chris | Comments Off on Beer Corner USA News • 3/20/2013
News from our bars at the Beer Corner….
We will host 2 happy hour private parties this week so Max and Joe’s will open on Thursday, (tonight) March 21st at 7pm and on Friday, (tomorrow) March 22nd at 7:30pm. Don’t worry, you can still order your favorite Belgian beers from the bartenders and servers on the Moon side.
Spring!! Hahahahahaha! Join us to celebrate Spring, this Saturday at our 8th Annual Bockfest on March 23rd. For you early birds the official Bockfest 2013 t-shirt is on sale in Beertopia now. $12 each or 2 for $20.
- We will have sides on the tent and heaters inside it so don’t let the weather keep you home. Bockfest will take place outside and inside rain, sleet snow or preferably sunshine.Outdoor hours 11am-7pm.
- We will have an official blessing of the Bock Bier. Thanks to August Schell Brewing Co. for brewing us a special ceremonial Bock Beer keg.
- Live polka music under the tent from Barry Boyce Band.
- An excellent selection of German food from the grill including our Hausmade Bockwurst, a hand stuff sausage made from pork, veal and traditional German spices. Perfect with a little mustard and a Bock beer.
- A fire pit for beer poking and to keep you warm. If this is new to you, we take a hot poker out of the fire and swirl it in your beer and it caramelizes the malt giving your beer new delicious character. Experience it!
- Costumes encouraged; goat legs, goat heads, Dirndls for the ladies or Lederhosen for the guys.
- Bock Beers include; Schell’s Bock, Hacker Pschorr of Munich, Germany, Sprecher’s Maibock, Boulevard’s Boss Tom’s Golden Bock and New Belgium’s Hoppy Bock.
- We will be selling limited edition 2013 Bockfest Mugs and T-shirts.
- An appearance from the Jager Girls and the Barenjager Bear from 5-7pm.
- The party moves inside at 7pm and keeps on going all night so don’t miss this once a year event.
New Beers on tap in The Crescent Moon….
- New Belgium Hoppy Bock is from their new Hop Kitchen Series which is all about hops. This German-Style Spring time lager is brewed with rye then loaded with Hallertauer, Perle and Fuggle hops for a spicy, earthy aroma. This Hoppy Bock Lager offers a medium body and slightly sweet malt character. 6.9%
- Okoboji 33 Select Brown Ale is a rich full bodied beer with notes of maple and cinnamon and vanilla. 6.5%
- Lugene Chocolate Milk Stout is named after the farmer who uses Odell’s spent grain to feed his dairy cows for over a decade. Brewed with milk sugar and milk chocolate, it’s rich, creamy and delicious.8.5%
- August Shell’s Bock is rich malty with a moderately bitter hop bite. One of my favorites when it comes to Bock beer for poking. 6.1%
- Great Divide Old Ruffian Barley-Wine is a hefty, hop-forward bold beer. Bold hop flavors and massive hop bitterness are balanced by a rich, slightly creamy caramel malt. At 90IBU’s and 10.2% ABV it is not for the weak.
- Magners Irish Cider is aged in oak and brewed in Ireland. Delicious!
- Zipline NZ IPA is a New Zealand IPA that delivers crazy amounts of hop flavor, without the palate pounding bitterness. Citrus-packed New Zealand hops deliver the usual IPA flavors of tropical fruit and citrus found in most American IPAs. However, unlike the American counterparts, the New Zealand hops also roll blackberry and orange marmalade flavor and aroma into the mix. Mix it up.
News from the Beertopia side of things…
Welcome to the first day of Spring…No??? Too early??
We have a few topics to discuss first off. The Beer School is getting REALLY close to filling up. There are plenty of spots open for the Lucky Bucket Brewery tour. Only a couple of spots are left for the beers of the USA and a couple left for Specialty Beers. The rest of the classes are all filled up!! Call now if you would like to fill any of these open seats!!
Secondly, I have 2 kegs of New Belgium Dig 15.5 Gallon kegs for sale. $75 each will get you into one of these kegs. I also have 2 of the 5.2 Gallon kegs for $43 each. Call now, these won’t be here long!!
We will be having a beer sampling here in the store on Thursday the 21st. Jenny Cooke from Boulevard will be here handing you a sample of the Boss Tom’s Golden Bock. Stop by the store and say HI and grab a free sample!! 4-6pm.
Speaking of Boss Tom’s...This golden bock presents itself quite tastily. Clean malt presence is balanced with a hoppy backbone.
Pretty short and sweet!
Beertopia, Crescent Moon, Huber Haus, Max-n-Joe’s
3570 Farnam St.
Omaha, NE 68104
Comments are closed.