Beer Corner USA News • 3/27/2013
Posted by: Chris | Comments Off on Beer Corner USA News • 3/27/2013
News from our bars at the Beer Corner…
We would like to extend a huge Thank you to all our volunteers that worked Bockfest. We feel lucky to have a great group of friends volunteering. It was a good turn out and a fun time for all, despite the snow.
Max and Joe’s will open at 6pm this Thursday, March 28th due to a private party.
Events to add to your calendar…
- Polishfest June 8th at 12pm, inside and Outside event. More details TBA.
- Barry Boyce Band plays The Huber Haus next on Saturday, April 20th starting at 9pm.
New Beers on tap in The Crescent Moon….
- New ON CASK is Empyrean Watchman IPA with Pineapple. 6%
- Breckenridge 72 Imperial Chocolate Crème Stout is back. It is brewed with chocolate from Colorado’s very own Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory, Inc. This Imperial Chocolate Cream Stout is full of rich, toasted chocolate notes with hints of dark fruit.7.2%
- Also from Breckenridge is Pandora’s Bock has a wealth of caramel, nutty malt flavor and complexity. Brewed with Two Row Pale, Munich, Caramel malts and Strisselspalt, Columbus, Northern Brewer, Hersbrucker hops then bottom fermented at colder temperatures for a smooth yet assertive character. 7.5%
- Lagunitas Brown Shugga was born on accident as as an aborted batch of Lagunitas Old Gnarleywine that ended up tasting different than what they were hoping for, so they bottled it and called it Brown Shugga. 9.9% and 51 IBU’s.
- Peace Tree Red Rambler Ale is brewed with the finest quality pale, caramel, and lightly roasted malts contributing to the deep red color and malty flavor balanced with the bitterness of 3 hop varieties. 5.8% and 35 IBU’s.
News from the Beertopia side of things…
This week has been a lucrative week for new brewskies!!
- Sam Adams Long Shot 6 packs are in this week. The 3 new brews are as follows. 1.) A Strawberry Lager. This light lager is spiced with strawberry and has notes of toffee and citrus. 2.)Beer Flower Wheat. This wheat based beer is flavored with Hibiscus flowers. 3.) Magnificent Seven is a double IPA. This beer is brewed with 7 different hop varieties.
- Left Coast is a new brew to Nebraska. 6 total new varieties will be available starting Thursday. Trestles IPA, Voodoo American Stout, Asylum Belgian Trippel, Hop Juice Imp. IPA, The Wedge which is a Black IPA, Una Mas is an Amber Lager. We will be having an in-store tasting NEXT Thursday, April 4th with Adam Desler, our favorite Quality Brand manager.
- Bass IPA is a new offering! This English style IPA is really quite good. Smooth hop flavor coincide with sweet English malts. Quite a nice offering from a very sustained brewery!
- Tommy Knocker made this seasonal last year and was a huge hit. This Saison is really good again this year! Sweet grain notes accompany Belgian sweetness. Get here before this one is gone!!
- Goose Island sure is renowned for their high alcohol stouts huh? Well, the Summertime Kolsch style beer sure is a very fly under the radar beer for me. This style is so easy to drink and enjoy. Light, crisp and just enough hops to ask for another on the Summer months that are hopefully ahead if us.
We also gathered another few kegs of the New Belgium Dig. 1/15.5 gallon keg and 2/5.2 gallon kegs. Call the store to get yours today!!
That is about it for this week. Have a great week and see you all very soon!
Beertopia/Crescent Moon/Huber Haus/Max-n-Joe’s
3570 Farnam St.
Omaha, NE 68131
Comments are closed.