Beer Corner USA News • 4/10/2013
Posted by: Chris | Comments Off on Beer Corner USA News • 4/10/2013
News from our bars at the Beer Corner….
Barry Boyce will be in the Huber Haus on Saturday, April 20th starting at 9pm. Get in here and polka a little or just sing along. Nothing warms the soul like a cold German brew and some polka with friends.
We have some upcoming Tuesday Pint Nights to get excited about this month. If you do not know, Pint Night is our weekly special every Tuesday where we feature a Brewery or beer. You buy the first logoed glass at around $5.75, keep the glass with $2.00ish refills all night. (prices vary ever so slightly)
- April 16th we will feature 2 beers from Left Coast Brewing Co. out of California. New to our market and making a delicious impact. We will have 2 beers to choose from; Trestles, and American IPA at 6.8% and Una Mas, an amber Spring seasonal at 6.4%. Don’t miss this one
- April 30th we will feature a new release from Tall Grass. Ethos Dry-Hopped IPA is crafted with six different hops and explodes with hop aromas and flavors. It is carefully balanced with malts making this IPA something special to look forward to. 6.8% Kelly Lohrmeyer from Tall Grass will be here to answer all your questions.
Upcoming events to put on your Calendar
- May 13th -19th is American Craft Beer Week. Events TBA.
- Saturday, June 8th starting at 12pm Polishfest will be an outdoor/indoor event with lots of polish beer, music, food and fun.
- Sunfest this year will be July 13th. A fantastic outdoor beer sampling from 3-8pm.
- Watch for more info on an Infusion Brewing Co. open house 7-10pm on Saturday, June 1st. Come and see the progress of this new Brewery in Benson and enjoy some freshly brewed beer samples.
- August 2nd is International IPA day. Details on our celebration TBA.
New beers on tap…
- New ON CASK is Darkside Raspberry Vanilla Porter 5.6%
- Upstream Cellar Door Marzen 5.7%
- Brau Brothers Bancreagie Scotch Ale 7.6%
- Squatters Hell’s Keep Belgian Pale Ale 7.75%
- Schell’s Maifest 7.2%
- Sprecher Czar Brew Bourbon Barrel Russian Imperial Stout 11%
- Left Coast Voodoo American Stout 8.5%
- Sierra Nevada Belgian Blonde IPA 7.5%
- Odell’s 5 Barrel Pale Ale on Nitro5.2%
News from the Beertopia side of the weather…
OOHHHHs and AHHHHS are abound this week for new brews!!
- The group of brewers from Schmaltz Brewing have sent us 2 quirky new brews. The first of which is their Funky Jewbelation. This barrel aged concoction is very unique. Aromas of sour cherries coincide with tangy sourness. The palate is just as complex. Woody, fruited cherry, bourbon and alcohol are all crammed into this 22oz bottle. The second offering is their Re-Jewvenator. This is a Belgian style dubbel AND a Euro dopplebock. Not sure how this is accomplished but never the less. Aromas of figs (maybe Fig Newtons??) and raisins. Sweet on the palate with chocolate and toffee making their way up. Two very interesting new offerings I must say…
- The next group of beers is a new brewery to Nebraska! Wild Onion brews are another canned offering! They have sent us Jack Stout, Hop Slayer Imperial IPA, PAddy Pale Ale and Phat Chance Blonde Ale. Stop by the store this Thursday from 4-6pm to sample these brews out!!
- Lagunitas and their infinite hoppy wisdom has released their new seasonal, Under Cover Investigation Shut Down Ale. Yes a beer name to be reckoned with. This double IPA is a bit on the mellow side for Lagunitas. Aromas are somewhat subdued. But don’t let that fool you at all. The flavors kick right in with consistent hoppiness and excellent bready mouthfeel. This beer should be a great addition to the upcoming warmer months.
- Lakefront 25th Anniversary ale is new in 4 packs. This Imperial Cherry Stout is wicked good. Bitter dark chocolate and sweet cocoa nibs make the cherries peek through perfectly. Like an evening on the back porch watching the full moon develop on the eastern horizon…wow, did I just say that??!! This really hits my spot, if ya know what I mean!! Yes I am drinking one as I type this message. Could you tell?
- New Belgium has made a new Summer Seasonal. The brew is called Rolle Bolle. Odd, but very clever. The name is of a Belgian game that is basically horseshoes on wheels. Anyway, the beer is a pale ale of sorts that is very easy to drink. Soursop and monkfruit are designed into this brew. The palate is refreshing and extremely simple. Hints of fruit on the nose and cracker dryness on the palate. Check out the game on You Tube www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYiLSsjxzQw.
Have a great week and we will see you tomorrow for the Wild Onion sampling here in the store from 4-6pm.
Beertopia, Crescent Moon. Huber Haus, Max-n-Joe’s
3570 Farnam St
Omaha, NE 68131
Comments are closed.