Beer Corner USA News • 5-8-2013
Posted by: Chris | Comments Off on Beer Corner USA News • 5-8-2013
- We will have a free tasting each day that week in Beertopia. Come in and try beers from New Belgium, Okoboji Brewing Co., Summit Brewing Co, and more. A full schedule will be out.
- We will have a special edition Boulevard Brewing Co. pint night featuring any Boulevard beer on tap on Tuesday May 14th. Get your American Craft Beer Week loged glass for $6 for th first fill and $2.50 refills all night.
- We will be tapping 2 beers from Summit Brewing Co. on Friday, May 17th . The first is from their Unchained Series, a Meridian single hop IPA and the second is a special Cask. More details announced soon!
- Tickets on sale starting this Saturday, May 4th at 10am (Tickets will be available online (etix.com) and Beertopia. $27 in advance $32 day of (if available)
- Lots of Breweries to choose from. Look for a full list of participating Breweries out soon.
- We will have an outdoor beer garden with a tent that will be open from noon-midnight.
- We will have Zywiec on draft, plus bottles of Warka, Tatra, Hevelius, EB, Lezajsk, Lubelskie Pilsner,
Lubelskie Strong, Zwierzyniec Pilsner, and Vetter Pilsner.
- There will also be $2 Jezynowka shots!
- Delicious Polish Sausages from Frank Stoysich, Glombki, and our very own original hand breaded fried pierogies!
- The band schedule is looking like Studio Trio Polka Band Playing 2-6pm and Bobby “Z” and Polka Joy Playing 7-11pm As usual NO COVER, families welcome!
- Admission is $12 for adults and $6 for children.
- The event starts at 10am with a helicopter landing and then the helicopters are on display from 10am-2pm.
- The wing tasting is from Noon-3pm with the wing award ceremony at 2pm.
- Sounds like a fun event for all ages. Come down and vote for your favorite. We will have our famous Inferno, Chipotle and Thai Peanut wings entered. www.sasmuseum.com
- Anchor Summer-not your average wheat beer, Anchor uses a 50% blend of malted wheat, plus a top fermenting ale yeast that adds a clean taste and fluffy head, perfect for that mushroom-hunting road trip to your favorite sun-dappled glen…
- Wasatch Summerbrau Lager-ah, a Utah-born Czech Pilsener! How’s that for your global village? Well, this crisp,clean and slightly bitter lager delivers all you need to “Check” out around a campfire while stargazing this summer, can I come along?
- August Schell Lakemaid-well, what can I say…who wouldn’t want to catch a Mermaid? or rather, a tasty fresh-water lager brewed in conjunction with Rapala, the fishing gurus of the Northwoods lakes. Imagine yourself, trolling lazily and reeling in one(or more) of these? Let’s go fishin’!!
- Lucky Bucket Flip Flop-politicians need not apply! This ale brewed with strawberry concentrate is pure fun! Light with clean strawberry essence, this is sure-fire lake and swimming hole beer, grab your flip flops and let’s GO!
- Funkwerks Solenna-Yes, Funkwerks fans, a new one! Solenna uses a traditional yeast strain, adds Brettanomyces and German hops..tatsing this today brought out balanced subtle Brett-influenced hop aromas, then followed with some cinnamon, and to me a gathering mild heat on the tongue. This beer will be a neat pairing with some Indian onion kulcha, a very appealing appetizer beer. Try some starting Thursday!
- Wittekerke Wit Beer-from the good folks at Brouwerij Bavik, this store favorite is a pale Belgian wheat..lemony,straw colored deliciousness in a 6-pack of cans. This will be your canoeing favorite when it gets to 90F, and it is time to get it stocked up, the Niobrara beckons, and unlike the old timers like me who had to be content with a lot of crappy beers on our floatrips, now you can enjoy pure delight from Belgium, in Nebraska!
Crescent Moon Ale House • Huber Haus German Bier Hall • Max & Joe’s Belgian Tavern • Beertopia
3578 Farnam street • Omaha, Nebraska • 68131
Bars (402) 345-1708 • Retail/Beertopia (402) 905-2603
• Friend us on Facebook:
• Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/BeerCornerUSA
• Follow us on Instagram: www.instagram/BeerCornerUSA
• Subcribe to us on YouTube: www.youtube.com/BeerCornerUSA
Comments are closed.