Beer Corner USA News • 6-5-2013
Posted by: Chris | Comments Off on Beer Corner USA News • 6-5-2013
- Studio Trio Polka Band playing 2-6pm and Bobby “Z” and the Polka Joy are playing from 7-11pm
- $2 shots of Jezynowka, polish blackberry brandy, Old Krumpnick, a honey liqueur and Becherovka, an herbal liqueur.
- Zywiec on tap, plus lots of polish bottled beers including Warka, Tatra, Hevelius, EB, Lezajsk, Lubelskie Pilsner, Lubelskie Strong, Zwierzyniec Pilsner, and Vetter Pilsner.
- Lots of delicious Polish food from the grill. Polish Sausages from Frank Stoysich, Glombki, and traditional pierogies plus our very own original hand breaded fried pierogies.
See you all there!
- 5 hours of unlimited sampling of more than 200 beers!
- An official 2013 Sunfest souvenir glass and beer program
- Many Brewery representatives will be on hand to discuss their beers and answer questions.
- Many rare, new release and limited beers available.
- We will have a large tent with shade and misting fans to keep you cool.
- Live music for some added ambiance. 4-8pm
- Fresh hot food from the grill available for purchase.
- Breckenridge 471 Double IPA 9.2% has made a return to the line-up. Hoppy, strong and satisfying.
- Goose Island 25th Anniversary Ale 6.4% is an ESB style and won’t be here much longer.
- Wild Onion Jack Stout 6% is a full-bodied oatmeal stout brewed with five different roasted malts.
- Madhouse Maple Nutbrown 7.8% is brewed with local Iowa maple syrup.
- Boulevard 80 Acre Hoppy Wheat 5.5% is refreshing with just the right balance of flavors. We love this beer.
- Sierra Nevada Torpedo Extra IPA 7.2% has a solid bitterness and massive hop flavor yet remains easy drinking with a plesent dry finish.
- Tallgrass Ethos IPA 6.8% has a dank hops type of flavor.
- Bosteels Kwak 8.4% has been added to the tap line up in Max and Joe’s.
- St. Lupulin-from our pals at Odell Brewing, this delicious ESP is back in stock, so if you’ve been jonesin for a repeat of this summer seasonal that is soooo hard to beat, then get in here soon and pick up a six or more for this weekend!
- Sierra Nevada Hoptimum-at long last, this bastion of hop joy has arrived! And a treat it is…triple hop dosages leave you panting with joy..100+ IntenseBlissUnits will have you making repeat trips to the store for this psychological succor, and the even better news is that we have stocked up for your shopping pleasure!
- Lagunitas Lucky 13-this latest incarnation from the Petaluma crew is a Red Ale…a Mondo Large Red Ale in their words, and at 8.65% and nearly 77 IBU’s it fits the word Mondo very well…nicely balanced, this is a beer made for a rack of BBQ ribs and some baby new potatoes…get in and check out a bottle or 2 today.
- Sierra Nevada’s Ovila Saison with Mandarin Oranges and Peppercorns is available. This slightly hazy golden brew is spicy from the peppercorns yet faintly aromatic from the oranges. The spiciness lingers a bit. Get it while you can.
- Weyerbacher’s Last Chance IPA and White Sun Wit are also new. The IPA is hop driven for sure. 5.9% ABV makes its very palatable yet the 62 IBUs make it the IPA part! The White Sun is formerly Blanche. This pale straw color beverage is a bit lemony and a bit biscuity. Very good porch pounder after a day of mowing. Which might not happen very often this summer!
- Angry Orchard Strawman and Iceman-Cider, oak, freezing…wait, What? These 2 new ciders combine oakiness along with the unique process of Quebecois techniques involving freezing the juice in Iceman to deliver a sweet crisp caramel flavor, sounds perfect for a picnic dessert finisher..Strawman brings more of the English and French traditions of bittersweet apples plus oaking to produce an earthy, wine-like delight. These come in attractive etched glass 750’s so would make a nice gift when visiting your friends backyard BBQ…..
Zywiec, Tatra, and Warka-just in time for Polish Fest come these cool new beers from Poland..Tatra Strong (or Malt Liquor) is a 7% delicious 1/2L can to crush after winning that half marathon you’ve trained all spring for…hehe, or more realistically, completing a weekend of honey do projects you couldn’t wait to say yes to….Zywiec Bock, smooth, creamy, wonderful..6.5% 4-pk cans, another one to love from the kings of affordable..and last, straight from Europe, where I guarantee almost everyone over 14 loves this stuff , is Warka Radler (Radler, meaning cyclist) is a blend of lemon juice and beer, for an easy to drink not kick your ass in the afternoon kinda drink….and at just 2% it won’t.
Crescent Moon Ale House • Huber Haus German Bier Hall • Max & Joe’s Belgian Tavern • Beertopia
3578 Farnam street • Omaha, Nebraska • 68131
Bars (402) 345-1708 • Beertopia (402) 905-2603
• Friend us on Facebook:
• Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/BeerCornerUSA
• Follow us on Instagram: www.instagram/BeerCornerUSA
- • Subscribe to us on YouTube: www.youtube.com/BeerCornerUSA
Comments are closed.