Beer Corner USA News • 6/13/2013
Posted by: Chris | Comments Off on Beer Corner USA News • 6/13/2013
News from our bars at The Beer Corner….
I cannot thank all of the volunteers that worked at Polishfest enough. You are what makes our festivals great! Thank You! We were very pleased with the turn out despite the rain. If you had some favorite beers that you would like more, there is still some to be had at Beertopia and the last keg of Zywiec is currently tapped in the Huber Haus. We have some of the Breaded Potato and Cheese Pierogies we are selling this week as an appetizer in all of our bars. Six for $5.99, and they will be sold out soon so get them while you can.
Sunfest is next on the horizon. July 13th from 3-8pm Come celebrate Summer with Omaha’s beer headquarters at our 7th Annual Celebration of the Midwest’s finest beers.Tickets to Sunfest are on sale now. $27 in advance and $32 at the door. Purchase tickets at any of our 3 bars, Beertopia, or online at etix.com.
Your ticket includes…
- 5 hours of unlimited sampling of more than 200 beers!
- An official 2013 Sunfest souvenir glass and beer program
- Many Brewery representatives will be on hand to discuss their beers and answer questions.
- Many rare, new release and limited beers available.
- We will have a large tent with shade and misting fans to keep you cool.
- Live music for some added ambiance. 4-8pm
- Fresh hot food from the grill available for purchase.
If you would like free entrance and are willing to work for it we have some limited spots for volunteers. If you are interested in volunteering please email Kandace atKandace.email@example.com or call her at 402-345-1708 ext22. The shifts available are as follows. Each volunteer will receive free entrance into the event with a taster glass and a Sunfest t-shirt. Please include your t-shirt size and phone number in your email.
Saturday, July 13th
– Food Sales
– Food Sales
– Food Sales
– Food Sales
– Clean-up/Tear Down
– Clean-up/Tear Down
New beers on tap in the Crescent Moon….
- Anchor CA Lager is a re-make of California’s first Lager brewed in 1876. Made in San Francisco with two-row California barley, Cluster hops (the premier hop in 19th-century California), and Anchor’s own lager yeast. It has a balanced flavor and a smooth finish. Perfect for Summer. 4.9%
- Weyerbacher White Sun Wit is unfiltered yet crisp, brewed with coriander, orange peel, grains of paradise, and star anise it has a pleasant spiciness, and a hit of tartness. No my usual go-to style but it was a surprise to me how much I liked this beer! 5%
- Boulevard Saison-Brett is back. This assertively dry hopped Brett Farmhouse Ale is extremely pleasing and we consider every keg a treat to pour. If you haven’t had it, you are a beer failure. Delicious! 8.5%
- Lagunitas WTF and Undercover Investigation Shutdown are both on tap in the Moon. WTF is a imperial brown ale with a pleasing hop presence 7.83% and Undercover is an extra bitter ale as is the story behind the name. 9.7%
We hope you are all enjoying the table service in the Huber Haus. I’ll admit an added bonus is how nice it is to sit at the bar and not have people ordering between you. We have recently added a Hacker-Pschorr special every Tuesday. Get any Hacker-Pschorr on tap for $3.75 a half liter and $7.50 a Liter. If you have not tried the new to us Berentzen Wild Cherry, a German made cherry schnapps, you really should, an easy delicious shot to share with friends. $3 each and on special every Friday for $2.50. See you there!
Well folks, there is good news from Beertopia…a lot of new beers have hit the shelves, and looking into the crystal ball, the year should be a banner one from what we have been hearing….just don’t ask yet 🙂 So because I have a lot to write this week, I’ll shut up and get to it.
- Abita Lemon Wheat- I admit I have not tried it, YET..but Abita cranks out nice seasonals and seeing as they use a Biere de Garde yeast strain as well as wheat malt, Centennial hops and lemon peel, this is the perfect sounding quencher for today’s humidity.
- Breckenridge Summerbright-here it is, one of my summer favorites in 6-pack of CANS!! Oh,Yeah Baby…this is one you need in your fun portfolio as you head out to take on the Midwest wilderness, survival liquid if ever there was..anyway a hint of lemon and orange, Fuggle, Cascade and Willamette hops, 2-row Pale, white wheat, Carapils and Munich malts, top fermenting ale yeast and a decidedly approachable 4.5% ABV..if you haven’t had it, it is high time you did.
- Anchor California Lager- Our friends from Anchor are pleased to introduce their newest 6 pack endeavor…an historic nod to a tiny 1876 brewery named Boca who produced the first genuine lager in California. Made in traditional form with the predominant hop of yesteryear, Cluster, 2-row barley and Anchor’s own lager yeast, this beer is krausened and lagered in their cellars. Creamy, balanced and oh so flavorful, make this part of your beer drinking adventure into history…
- Anchor “Zynaster Series” No.4 Fort Ross Farmhouse Ale-whew, a mouthful…and that’s what you get with this wonderful new farmhouse-style ale…delicious, lush and full of flavor, this one is way up this saison fan’s list of great incarnations of the style..this is another historical themed beer from Anchor, brewed to recognize the hardy souls who peopled the Russian-American Co’s. Fort Ross stockade north of San Fransisco over 200 years ago. Wheat, barley and a native perennial called Yerba Santa were harvested in those days, and this beer brings these ingredients into play along with a local saison yeast to fulfill all your summer saison dreamin’….no flowers in your hair required.
- Efes & Efes Dark-from exotic Istanbul, Turkey comes the local tipple..Efes Premium is a pilsener-style lager that enjoys huge popularity there, Efes is the 8th most popular beer by volume in Europe, using rice as an adjunct gives it the unique taste. Efes Dark is a dark 6.5% lager, malty, sweet and caramel..I drank this in-situ for the first time in Istanbul in October, and given the restricted selection over there, was happy to have something new to try…so, if you have ever been fortunate to have enjoyed a great fresh fish dinner on the banks of the Bosphorus, or just want to conjure it up, give these 2 a try(and lend a little support to the beer drinkers on Taksim Square, that’s all they wish to be able to do freely!)
- Odell Brewing Company-yip,yip, yayhoo! a 12 pack with inspiration..a mix of 90 Schilling, St. Lupulin, IPA and the new Looseleaf Session Ale, a 4.5% Pale that is from the brewery’s 5-barrel pilot system…I have not had it but will by the weekend:-)
- Sprecher Bootlegger’s Bourbon Barrel Hard Root Beer-do I need to speak? I think not….imagine Mom and Dad pulling into the drive-in and handing you kiddos a root beer float with this? Probably could have solved a lot more of the world’s problems by now…ok, it is Root Beer/with Booze/in Beertopia/Amazing…don’t miss out
- Thomas Creek Castaway Chocolate Orange IPA-WHAT?? yes, it’s GOOD..my sample was quite cool, so orange hit the senses, chocolate was dancing on the tongue, and I think the hops were just right..a very interesting combo, from the folks in South Carolina, where they must do a lot of day-dreaming of beer styles, this one is fun!
- Lakefront “My Turn” Series CHAD Organic Barleywine-a new series dedicated to the folks who do the everyday chores at Lakefront, Chad is evidently a “Zealot” about his beers..sounds like some folks I know. So, this 12.5%, 74 IBU Barleywine should satisfy the most discriminating of beer lovers, and at less than $5 a bottle, what are you waiting for? We don’t have a lot.
- We got a deal for you…….starting Thursday, we will have an amazing Lithuanian beer deal, cases of Ekstra, Svytury’s, Baltijos, and Utenos for a whopping 11.99!! Yes that is right, folks, 11.99 a case…first come, first serve as long as they last! And, if you know anything about the Lithuanians, they can and would drink most of us under the table and their biggest beer drinking holiday approaches, Summer Solstice. So plan your pagan bonfire-jumping holiday around this incredible offer..and, just maybe find a closet Lithuanian to invite, you’ll be glad you did!!!
That wraps up an eventful stocking week here at Beertopia. Don’t forget we stock 10# bags of ice, ask if we have any keg deals, these sneak up quickly and end just as fast. Thanks to you all for your continued business at the most fun place to work in Omaha, ’til next week, Mike and the fun folks at Beertopia.
Crescent Moon Ale House • Huber Haus German Bier Hall • Max & Joe’s Belgian Tavern • Beertopia
3578 Farnam street • Omaha, Nebraska • 68131
Bars (402) 345-1708 • Beertopia (402) 905-2603
Follow us on facebook:
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/BeerCornerUSA
Follow us on Instagram: www.instagram.com/BeerCornerUSA
Subscribe to us on YouTube: www.youtube.com/BeerCornerUSA
Comments are closed.